Hydrant Pit Valve – 60554
There are seven basic valves to which various modifications may be added by option letters as shown below. The six basic model numbers are as follows:
Lanyard operated pilot valve for manual on/off control. Valve allows flow in the fueling direction only.
Air-operated pilot valve for deadman control. Valve allows flow in the fueling direction only.
Dual air and lanyard operated pilot valve for deadman control and manual on/off control for use in small pits only (12 or 13-inch dia.). Uni-directional only, unless combined with Option J.
Air-operated pilot valve for deadman control with defuel control to allow flow of fuel in either fueling or defueling direction
Dual air and lanyard operated pilot valve for deadman control and manual on/off control for use in standard pits (18-inch or larger). Uni-directional only, unless combined with Option J.
Same as Model 60554D except material of outer housing is ductile iron per ASTM A395 (special order only). The upper and lower valve assemblies are fastened together with 15 metric threaded screws instead of the normal 8-UNF threaded screws (replaced Model 60554-2D). Two-piece upper half not available on this unit.
Valve with the major operating part of the pilot valve contained on a quick disconnect actuator assembly located on the hydrant servicer hose. Can be used as air/fuel pressure operation (with Model 64230 Actuator Assembly) or with lanyard backup (with Model 64231 Actuator Assembly). Actuator assemblies ordered separately. Includes ductile iron inlet housing, two-piece aluminum upper housing with replaceable stainless steel outlet, dust cap and high capacity pressure equalizing valve.
- Working Pressure
300 psi (20.7 bar)
- Closing Time
2 to 5 seconds
60.0 gals (225 liters) maximum at 1200 US gpm (4500 l/min.)
- Pilot valve air pressure required for Options E, F, J, U or X — 60 psi min. (4.2 bar)
- Mates Eaton’s Carter Hydrant Coupler Models 60600, 60600-1, 60700-1, 64702, 64800, 64801, 64802, 64804, 64900, 64901, 64902, 61525 and all other API style couplers
- Two-piece upper half standard, replaceable API outlet adapter of stainless steel per API Bulletin 1584. Ductile iron and stainless uppers with replaceable outlet optional.
- Standard inlet flange mates with 4-inch 150lb ANSI flange.
- Optional inlet flange mates with 6-inch 300lb ANSI flange, making valve conform to the IP standard.
- Servicing valve, standard, provides means to remove the upper valve assembly and pilot valve assembly with the unit still installed.
- 10 or 20 mesh screen options available.
- All seals are field replaceable.
- Large pressure equalizing valve in the outlet is standard.
- Defueling capability optional with any air or dual air/lanyard operated pilot.
- Stone guard optional with 6-inch inlet flange option.
- Ductile iron epoxy coated for corrosion protection
- Main piston well-guided to minimize piston seal wear.